Our Mission is rooted in John 10:10. ‘I have come in order that you may have life – life in all its fullness’. (John 10:10)
At Bishop Ellis, we aim to help everyone to live life in all its fullness and develop in their journey of faith with God in a positive learning environment as we live out our mission to:
Aspire to be our best
We Love, We Pray, We Learn, We Play.
Mission and Ethos
The mission of Bishop Ellis Catholic Voluntary Academy is that of Jesus Christ; to build a teaching and learning community where we show due regard for the development and understanding of the uniqueness and dignity of each person, based on the belief that we are all created in the image and likeness of God.
As a school community, we will:
- contribute to the development of faith in the school community, recognising that each child comes with varied experiences of their own faith and culture, which have value and are to be appreciated and built upon.
- strive to enhance and deepen the child’s relationship with God through prayer, worship and liturgy.
- build upon and develop the existing links with homes and parishes encouraging and developing good relationships with all those children and adults who are involved in the school.
- ensure that within resourcing constraints, the curriculum is appropriate to the perceived needs of the children and that the approach to teaching and learning will always be based on the attitudes and values of the Gospel.
We believe that the environment in our school is focused, reassuring and supportive in order that the children are happy, willing to learn and sufficiently confident to demonstrate independent learning, enabling them to live their lives to the fullest.
Underpinning our school mission are the Catholic Christian virtues of:
- Practical Wisdom/Good sense