Week Beginning 16th November 2020
English & Topic
In Maths at school this week we are completing our termly assessments and not delivering maths sessions. If you are learning at home this week, we would like you to focus on practising the following things with your child:
1. Counting outloud to 10 and back and, when they are confident at this, counting to 20 and back.
2. Recognising numbers to 10.
3. Counting objects accurately (be careful to ensure that your child is counting one object at a time to ensure that they do not double count or skip over some - this is called one-to-one correspondence).
4. Adding two groups of objects together and writing the number sentence.
5. Taking away using objects (i.e. you have go 5 sweets, how many would you have left if I took away 2?)
6. Using positional language such as under, over, behind, in front of, next to, etc.
7. Recognising and describing 2D shapes such as square, circle, triangle and oblong.
Feel free to be as creative as possible with these activities - Don't feel that your child should be sat at a desk to do it. For some fab ideas of how to make this fun and different ways of doing these activities, take a look at @TheToddlerActivityGuide on instagram (I use a lot of these in the classroom and at home with my own children).