This week, we are continuing to learn about fractions. Please watch the video link and then complete the fluency sheet.
Lesson 5- Investigation
Our new class novel, which we started before half term, is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Online copy of the book-
Audible copy ready by Scarlett Johansson- https://stories.audible.com/pdp/B015D78L0U?ref=adbl_ent_anon_ds_pdp_pc_cntr-2-3
Read chapters 10-11
Complete the comprehension questions and mark them using the answers.
- Alice in Wonderland- Chapter 10.docx
- Alice in Wonderland- Chapter 10 answers.docx
- Alice in Wonderland- Chapter 11.docx
- Alice in Wonderland- Chapter 11 answers.docx
Adventure story- over the next few days you are going to write your own adventure story based upon the idea of Alice in Wonderland. Alice travels through a hole after following an usual character and finds herself in another world. This is quite a common idea amongst authors e.g. Harry Potter travels through a wall to reach the Hogwarts express, Lucy travels through the back of the wardrobe in The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe, Dorothy travels in a tornado to Oz!
- Where could you be?
- Who could you follow and why would you follow them?
- What could you travel through?
- Where could you find yourself?
- What is the new world like?
- What could happen to you?
- How could you get back?
- Accurate punctuation
- Cohesion across paragraphs- do they flow from one to the next by a change of setting or incident
- Character description- tell us about the character in a clever way- remind them of our description of the Mad Hatter
- Setting description- good use of noun phrases.
RE- We all have a vocation
Look at the illustrations in Alice in Wonderland
What is the same? What is different? What style does the artist use? How are they distinctive? How can you tell that they have been drawn by the same artist? What have they used (pencil,charcoal etc)?
Look at website about the illustrator John Tenniel.
Complete your own sketches in the same style.