LO: I can compare how the war affected people in the countryside and city in different ways.
- Look at some of the websites below and watch some of the video clips- use these to help you to answer these questions?
• What do you think it was like to live in the city during the war?
• What do you think it was like to live in the countryside during the war?
• Do you think the countryside and city were affected by the war in the same way or in different ways? Why?
- Read one of the evacuee letters below. Whilst reading, write a list of vocabulary that the evacuee uses. This will help you with lesson 2 when we will ask you to write a letter in the style of an evacuee.
Today, we would like you to write a letter home as an evacuee. Use the success criteria to help you.
- Write in the style of a child from the 1940s- look at the evacuee letter to help with this.
- Describe what life is like in the countryside
- Compare life in the countryside with what life was like in London before they were evacuated
- Show feelings and emotions- how do you feel?
- Include the features of a letter
- Use accurate punctuation