The Role of a Chaplain
The role of a chaplain at Bishop Ellis includes the following:
- to help the school to develop as a community of faith.
- to encourage the children to live out their faith in daily life.
- to develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- to support liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- to involve other children in fundraising for charities.
- to support the school in living out its Values and Mission Statement.
In order to fulfil these roles, our chaplaincy team:
helps to prepare and lead masses, liturgies and assemblies on a regular basis.
- assists in organising charity fund-raising events, when necessary.
- provides a ‘Thought for the Week’ which is displayed in each classroom.
- suggests ideas for new R.E. resources.
- works with other chaplaincy teams.
- promotes gospel values and helps others to understand how we can best use them in our everyday lives.
- produces termly chaplaincy newsletters for the children and staff.