As well as enjoying the class book our curriculum is based around, pupils are expected to have a reading book with them in school every day. Pupils can choose a suitable book from home to read, or select a book from our school library. Classes will have an allocated time each week to visit the school library and change their reading books.
It is important to try and find the time to read at home every day and record this in your reading journal. Take a look at the reading list below for some recommended reads.
Recommended Reading List:
- Brightstorm: A Sky-Ship Adventure by Vashti Hardy
- Wolf Brother by Michelle Paver
- Beetle Boy by M.G. Leonard
- Boy In The Tower by Polly Ho-Yen
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo
- Danny The Champion Of The World by Roald Dahl
Here are a few links to some online reading games: