This is the final week of our 'Sources' topic. We really hope that you have enjoyed learning more about the Bible.
Remember that if you don't have a Bible at home, and you need one, you could use this online Bible:
BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.
Make sure that you select the Good News Translation (GNT).
Firstly this week, we would like you to make sure that you have finished the work that was set last week and, if you have already done this, we would like you to take some time to review and improve the work that you have done.
In R.E. this week, you will be thinking learning more about why the Bible is so important to Christians.
Remember to use your knowledge organiser to keep on top of learning the vocabulary for the topic and make sure that you know and understand the 'embedded knowledge' part of the organiser - you just never know when you might be asked a question about it!
Task 1 – Why is the Bible important?
1. Work through the LF6 powerpoint.
2. Answer the key questions in your book. Remember that we should be able to tell what the question was from the way you have written your answer!
3. Read through the independent activity. Which piece of scripture will you choose? Underline or highlight any key words in the task.
4. Complete the independent activity as explained in the LF6 powerpoint.
6. Remember to respond to the reflection question - you will need to read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, which is included in the powerpoint.
Task 2 – Responding to what you have learnt.
1. Before you start the lesson today, you might want to get some quiet, reflective music ready to play later on in the lesson.
2. Work through the Respond powerpoint. Take your time and think carefully about any questions that are asked.
3. When you reach slide 5, make a spidergram in your book (with 'The Bible' written at the centre of it) of the information contained on the slide to help you to really focus on your learning from the topic. Remember that presentation is important!
4. Answer the three key questions (written in blue on slide 4) in your book. Remember that we should be able to tell what the question was from the way you have written your answer!
5. Work through your Respond Booklet, following the instructions and using the information given in the powerpoint.
6. Make sure that you have completed all the work and that you have responded to the Big Question.
7. Is there anything you know now that you didn't know at the start of the topic?
8. Look at the MISSION you have been given (slide 11). How will you start to live it out today?