L.O: I can summarise a text clearly and concisely.
Listen to The Polar Express book on youtube using the link below.
Vocabulary Activity/Shared Reading
Reading Task - Summarising
- Rewrite the sentence, using a comma to change the meaning- Time to eat Callum.
- Rewrite this sentence in the past tense- I am walking to school.
- Circle the relative pronoun- My friend, who has a cat, is very nice.
- Circle the auxiliary verb- The dog was barking outside.
Grammar Activity – Figurative Language
Read the example paragraph below.
Underline the figurative language in one colour.
Then, complete the senses grid, recording their descriptive ideas. Ensure you have examples of all the features.
L.O: I can write a description of the Polar Express.
- What is the word class of the underlined word- Her rabbit jumps across the field.
- Swap the adjective for a more interesting synonym- The big train.
- Circle the subject in this sentence- You could win the award.
- Rewrite this sentence with a subordinate clause at the start- We will go to the beach.
Use the marking focus sticker and stimulus image to write your description using your plan to help you. Tick off as you include features.
Once finished, use dictionaries and thesaurus to edit and improve your work.
See below for this week's English resources.