The Rhythm of Prayer
Teaching children to pray is a vital part of introducing them to Jesus and developing their relationship with God. In prayer, we communicate directly with God the Father. In supporting children to be comfortable with prayer, we are helping them to understand that God is always close to them.
In our school, we will:
- Encourage and nurture prayer in the children by providing opportunities for them to pray each day.
- Ensure that the children have a broad experience of prayer and worship.
- Help children to develop a language and a habit of prayer.
- Nurture reverence in the children’s attitude to prayer.
- Teach children the traditional prayers of the Catholic church.
This will help the children to:
- celebrate life and all its goodness through a daily conversation with God.
- develop their relationship with God the Father.
- explore their own belief.
- experience a sense of belonging.
- develop a common ethos and shared values.
- grow in liturgical understanding.
- learn prayers in the Catholic tradition.
- take time to wonder, contemplate, reflect and meditate.
- prepare and lead prayers themselves.